Pear Salad with Blue Cheese and Pine Nuts
- 2 large ripe pears cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 1/2-2 bags greens, your favorite kind
- 1 pkg blue cheese
- 1/4 c toasted pine nuts (can add more as you like)
- 1 large shallot minced
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbps red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/8 tsp salt and 3/4 tsp coarse black pepper
1. Combine dressing ingredients in small jar and shake to combine or whisk together. Chill at least 1 hour before serving. This is important. It makes a difference.
2. Toast pine nuts at 350 degrees about 8-10 minutes, be careful because they will burn! Let cool.
3. Combine greens, pears, blue cheese, pine nuts and toss with dressing. Serve immediately.
I like to let people put their own dressing on. Sometimes people are picky about that.