Raspberry Marsala Trifle
- 1 18 1/2 oz package Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Butter Recipe Golden cake mix
- 2/3 c dry Marsala
- 3 12 oz packages frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed, drained
- 3 T plus 3/4 c sugar
- 9 large egg yolks
- 1 c dry Marsala
- 1 1/2 c chilled whipping cream
- 1 1/2 pint basket fresh raspberries
Butter and flour 13x9x2 in baking pan. Prepare cake according to package instructions, substituting 2/3 c Marsala for water. Bake cake and cool completely. Cut cake crosswise into thirds. Cut cake lengthwise into 1 in wide slices. Set aside.
Mix thawed frozen raspberries and 3 T sugar in large bowl. Set aside.
Using handheld mixer, beat egg yolks and remaining 3/4 c sugar in large metal bowl until well blended. Beat in 1 c dry Marsala. Place bowl over saucepan of simmering water (do not let bottom of bowl touch water). Beat until mixture triples in volume and registers 160 on thermometer, about 6 min. Remove bowl from over water. Cool yolk mixture to room temperature, whisking occasionally.
Using electric mixer with clean dry beaters, beat 3/4 c cream in large bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream into yolk mixture.
Arrange enough cake slices in 12 c trifle dish to cover bottom. spoon 1 c of raspberry mixture over cake, allowing some to show at sides of bowl. Pour 1 1/2 c filling over; smooth top. Arrange enough cake slices over filling to cover completely. Spread 1 c raspberry mixture over, allowing some to show at sides. Pour 1 1/2 c filling over. Arrange enough cake slices over filling to cover completely. Spread remaining raspberry mixture over. Pour remaining filling over; smooth top. Cover and refrigerate trifle at least 4 hrs or overnight.
Using electric mixer, beat 3/4 c chilled whipping cream to stiff peaks in med bowl. Spoon into pastry bag fitted with large star tip. Pipe whipped cream decoratively over trifle. Garnish trifle with fresh raspberries.
You'll also love
- Pineapple Sopapilla Cheesecake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Emeril's Never Enough Pork... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Carrots Lyonnaise 0/5 (0 Votes)
- DATE BALL CANDY 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Congealed Cranberry Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Turkey Cranberry Wontons 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Raspberry Melba Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
Review this recipe