Pizza Roasted Chickpeas
The perfect healthy snack for any time of the day! Pizza Roasted Chickpeas are great for filling out a meal, or being a great on the go treat!
- 28 ounces canned chickpeas, rinsed, drained, and dried
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon pizza seasoning
- 1 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Adapted from akitchenhoor.blogspot.com
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Place the rinsed chickpeas on paper towels and dry them very well. At this point, you can rub them vigorously to remove the skins. This is not mandatory, but I figure it's one less layer of possible moisture that will prevent them from getting extra crispy.
Once they're dry, place them on a baking sheet covered with a silpat or aluminum foil lightly coated with cooking spray. Bake in the oven 15 minutes.
Remove them from the oven and let them cool slightly before putting them in a large mixing bowl. Add the oil and the seasoning and toss well to make sure the chickpeas are thoroughly coated.
Return them to the pan and put them back in the oven to roast 15 more minutes. Stir and continue to roast in 10 minutes intervals until the desired degree of lightly toasted. They will not be crispy at first. At this point, if you have the time, crack the oven door and allow them to cool while the oven cools. For this batch, I removed them from the oven and allowed them to completely cool in the pan.
Store in an airtight container up to 2 weeks, if they last that long.
You'll also love
- Pizza Dough Sausage Roll 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Spicy Glazed Pork Ribs 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- Yogurt and Apricot Pie with... 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Chinese Beef and Bok... 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- Cucumber, Black Bean, Avocado,... 4.1/5 (19 Votes)
- Kale, Lentil and Roasted Beet Salad 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Slow-Cooked Salmon, Chickpeas, and... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)