Blueberry-Stuffed French Toast Bake
- 12 each White slices of bread
- 2 each Cream cheese (8oz), cut into 1 inch cubes
- 12 each Eggs, beaten
- 2 cups Milk
- 1/3 cup Maple syrup
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Tbs Cornstarch
- 1 cup Water
- 1 Tbs Butter
trim crusts from bread slices a and cut into 1 inch pieces. Place half of bread slices in buttered 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
Layer cream cheese and 1 cup blueberries over bread and top with remaining bread pieces.
Combine eggs, milk and syrup. Pour over bread mixture. Cover and chill for 8 hours.
Bake uncovered at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 35 minutes until puffed and golden.
Meanwhile, combine sugar and cornstarch in a pan, while gradually adding water. Cook over medium high heat, stirring constantly for 5 minutes until thickened.
Stir in remaining 1 cup blueberries and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
Add butter and stir until melted.
Cut french toast into squares and serve with blueberry sauce.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (890 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (897 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (289 Votes)
- Strawberry Coconut Chia Seed... 4.5/5 (210 Votes)
- Raspberry Beignets with Vanilla... 4.6/5 (187 Votes)