Zucchini Stuffed with Italian Sausage
- 6 medium zucchini (about 8 ounces each)
- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
Preheat oven to 350°. Cut each zucchini lengthwise in half. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell; chop pulp. Place zucchini shells in a large microwave-safe dish. In batches, microwave, covered, on high 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
In a large skillet, cook sausage and zucchini pulp over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink, breaking sausage into crumbles; drain. Stir in tomatoes, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, herbs and pepper. Spoon into zucchini shells.
Place in two ungreased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Bake, covered, 15-20 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5-8 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Yield: 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Lemon Garlic Roasted Asparagus 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chocolate-Raspberry Yogurt Smoothie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Any Day Of The Week Beef Chili 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rosemary-Parmesan Popcorn 0/5 (0 Votes)
- PICKLED SQUASH 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Stylish Beef Stroganoff 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Meaty Ziti Casserole With Ground... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tomato Zucchini Tart 0/5 (0 Votes)