Asparagus and Carrots Parmesan
- SERVINGS: 8
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 pound carrots
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces, plus additional for the baking dish
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
Soak the asparagus in cool water for 10 minutes. Trim the stems by snapping off the base at the point where the color changes from green to white.
Trim and peel the carrots. Cut them into quarters lengthwise.
In a large skillet, bring about 1 inch of water to a boil. Add the asparagus and salt and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the asparagus stalks are just tender. Remove the asparagus with a slotted spoon. Cool under running water and pat dry.
In the same skillet, cook the carrots in the same manner. Cool under running water and pat dry.
Butter a large shallow baking dish. Arrange the asparagus and carrots in the dish in overlapping layers. If not baking immediately, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 5 or 6 hours.
When ready to serve, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Dot the vegetables with 2 tablespoons butter and sprinkle with the cheese. Bake until the vegetables are heated through and the cheese is melted, about 15 minutes. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Bacon mayo 0/5 (0 Votes)
- STRAWBERRY PIE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cod Seared with Peach-Mango Salsa 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Cornish Hen and Grapes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sugar-Free Instant Pumpkin Pudding 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Slivered Carrots 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Carrot Bread 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Artichoke, Asparagus, Spinach,... 0/5 (0 Votes)