Roasted Cornish Hen and Grapes
By carol gorman
If you like, you can easily substitute four bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts (10 to 12 ounces each) for the Cornish hens in this recipe.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
Yield Serves 4
- 1 1/2 pounds mixed red and green seedless grapes
- 8 shallots, root end intact, halved if large
- 6 sprigs thyme, plus leaves for hens
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 Cornish game hens (1 to 1 1/4 pounds each)
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss grapes and shallots with thyme sprigs, oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Tie legs with kitchen twine; nestle hens among grapes on baking sheet, breast side up. Season hens generously with salt and pepper; sprinkle with thyme leaves.
Roast, basting hens occasionally with pan juices, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part of leg (avoiding bone) registers 160 degrees. 30 to 35 minutes.
Shallots often have two lobes, which should be separated before peeling. For this recipe, leave root end intact.
You'll also love
- Sugar-Free Instant Pumpkin Pudding 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pears a la Creme 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Old School Melon Cocktail 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Citrus Pork Kebabs 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon & Cheese Mini... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef Rendang (Rendang Daging 0/5 (0 Votes)
- MEXICAN CORN CASSEROLE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Stuffed Veal Breast 0/5 (0 Votes)