Green Beans & Pancetta with Browned Butter
These green beans are off the chain good! The pancetta with browned butter produces a flavor even you green bean haters will like! So what are you waiting for? Try it, you'll like it!
- 2 pounds thin green beans or haricot verts, ends trimmed
- 4 ounces pancetta
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 ounces peeled and roasted chestnuts, sliced
- Salt and freshly ground back pepper, to taste
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 20mins
In a 4-quart saucepan cook green beans, covered, in boiling salted water for 4 to 7 minutes until crisp-tender. Drain; set beans aside.
In an extra-large skillet cook pancetta over medium heat until crisp. Drain pancetta on paper towels, reserving drippings in the skillet.
Reduce heat to medium-low. Add shallots to reserved drippings. Cook for 4 minutes or until golden brown and beginning to crisp, stirring frequently. Using tongs, transfer shallots to a paper towel-lined plate. Season to taste with salt.
Add butter to the drippings in the skillet. Melt butter over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low. Continue to cook, without stirring, for about 4 minutes or until butter becomes light brown and fragrant. Reduce heat to low. Add chestnuts slices, green beans, and pancetta. Cook for 2 to 4 minutes, or to heat through, stirring occasionally. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately topped with shallots.
TIP: If desired, green beans can be cooked ahead of time as directed in first step. Cool completely and refrigerate until needed. On the day of service, continue with second step as directed.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Apple Pancakes 4.4/5 (35 Votes)
- Carnation Famous Fudge 4.4/5 (35 Votes)
- Skillet Chili Mac with corn and... 4.4/5 (35 Votes)
- Crisp Toffee Chocolate Bars 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Crispy New Potatoes with Oregano &... 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Cheddar's New Orleans Pasta with... 4.4/5 (29 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Pie 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Green Bean Casserole 4.6/5 (22 Votes)