Southwestern Quinoa Salad
This delicious southwestern quinoa salad is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and oil-free! Wow every one of your guests, even ones with allergies or on strict diets with this delicious and healthy salad!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14-ounce) can no-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn, fresh or frozen
- 1 sweet pointed red pepper, diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Chipotle Tabasco sauce, to taste
- Fresh black pepper, to taste
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from losebabyweight.com.au
Combine quinoa and water in a saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil, then turn down heat and allow to simmer until all water is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat, spoon quinoa into a bowl and refrigerate until fully chilled.
Once chilled, fluff quinoa using a fork. Add spices to quinoa and stir to fully combine.
Add remaining ingredients to a bowl and combine. Add quinoa and stir to fully combine. Serve cold as a side salad or main dish.