Tortilla and Sausage Breakfast Casserole
East to make Tortilla and Sausage Breakfast Casserole recipe.
- 6 medium burrito size flour tortillas
- 1 pound hot breakfast sausage (for Authentic Mexican Flavor use Chorizo) I still like Jimmy Dean Sausage
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 8 ounces shredded Colby jack cheese
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
Brown sausage in a skillet, using a wooden spoon to break the meat apart while cooking.
Turn off the heat and stir in the salsa. Combine and set aside.
In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, pepper and mustard powder, set aside.
Slice the tortillas in half.
Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray, place the straight end of the tortilla (4 pieces) towards the outside of the dish.
Sprinkle with some cheese, then half of the sausage mixture, a little more cheese and repeat with an additional layer beginning with the tortillas and the end with a final layer of tortillas on top (make sure to save a little cheese for the top).
Pour the egg mixture over the entire thing.
Using your hands press the top layer down.
Bake in a 350˚F oven for 35 minutes.
Remove and top with remaining cheese and bake an additional 5-10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
You'll also love
- South Carolina Peach Cobbler 4.4/5 (35 Votes)
- Spicy Roasted Vegetable Macaroni... 4.3/5 (38 Votes)
- Scalloped Potatoes and Pork Chops 4.3/5 (39 Votes)
- Beef Tenderloin - 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Healthy Pizza Panini 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- One Pot Wonder Tomato Basil Pasta... 4.2/5 (41 Votes)
- Olallieberry Dutch Baby 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Rösti - German (or Swiss) Hash... 4.6/5 (24 Votes)