- 4 cups shredded zucchini
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup sliced scallions (green and white parts)
- Vegetable oil
- Sour cream, for serving (optional)
Place the shredded zucchini in a colander and set over a bowl and sprinkle with salt. Allow the zucchini to stand for approximately 10 minutes. Using your hands, squeeze out as much liquid from the zucchini as possible. Transfer the zucchini to a large bowl.
Add the flour, eggs, scallions, 1/4 t salt and 1/8 t pepper to the bowl, stirring until the mixture is combined. Line a plate with paper towels.
Coat the bottom of a large saute pan with vegetable oil and place it over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, scoop 3 T mounds of the zucchini mixture into the pan, pressing them lightly into rounds and spacing them at least 2 inches apart. Cook the zucchini fritters for 2 to 3 minutes, then flip them once and cook an additional 2 minutes until golden brown and cooked throughout. Transfer the zucchini fritters to the paper towel lined plate and immediately sprinkle them with salt. Repeat the scooping and cooking process wit the remaining mixture.
Serve the zucchini fritters topped with sour cream and scallions.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes 4.5/5 (398 Votes)
- Pumpkin Roll Cake 4.5/5 (269 Votes)
- Zucchini & Sweet Corn Casserole 4.5/5 (191 Votes)
- Veggie Club Sandwich and Zucchini... 4.5/5 (151 Votes)