Meaty Eggplant Lasagna
Slices of eggplant are incorporated into this delicious meaty Lasagna dish. Enjoy!
- 2 eggplants (about 1 1/4-pounds each)
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups Amy's Marinara Sauce
- 16 ounces whole milk mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated, about 3 ounces
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 55mins
Cut the ends off and peel the eggplant. Slice the eggplant lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices. this should yield about 6 to 8 slices from each eggplant.
Brush both sides of the eggplant slices with oil to coat. Place them in a single layer on a baking sheet, you may need to do them in two batches. Broil about 3 to 5 minutes per side until tender, and a little browned. Watch them closely, because they can burn quickly. Lightly sprinkle them with salt after removing from the oven.
Brown the ground beef, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the marinara sauce and heat through.
Layer everything in a greased 7x9x3-inch baking dish in this order: 1/3 of the eggplant slices, 1/3 of the sauce, 1/3 of the mozzarella. Repeat the layering two more times then sprinkle with the parmesan cheese. If you don't have that size baking dish, use a 9x13-inch baking dish and make 2 layers of each ingredient using half of everything per layer in the same order. Bake at 350°F about 30 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (814 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (705 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (666 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff 4.5/5 (280 Votes)