Stuffed Eggplant with Ricotta, Spinach & Artichoke
Easy, healthy and light! This recipe will make you fall in love with the clean, earthy flavors of eggplant, artichoke, and spinach. Also good as leftovers for lunch.
- 2 small eggplants
- 1 shallot
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (12-ounce) bag frozen artichoke hearts
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 roasted red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup Romano cheese, grated
- Parsley and basil, chopped
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cut eggplant lengthwise then carefully scoop out the middle, leaving a small border all the way around the eggplant half. Drizzle the inside with olive oil, salt and pepper. Do the same with the scooped out eggplant, placed them all on a baking sheet in a preheated 400°F oven until tender and cooked through.
When the eggplant is finished cooking, remove it from the oven to cool down. On another baking sheet place one 12-ounce bag of frozen artichoke hearts, a shallot and 3 minced garlic cloves, drizzle everything with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast in the 400°F oven until artichokes defrosted and tender.
Then place everything into a big bowl: the artichoke mixture, the scooped out cooked eggplant, ricotta cheese, red pepper, baby spinach, grated romano cheese, chopped parsley and basil.
Pile the mixture high into the scooped out portion of the eggplant and place back into the 400°F oven until ricotta is heated through, about 15 minutes.
For a finishing touch drizzle a rich balsamic glaze all over the stuffed eggplant.
You'll also love
- Family-Favorite Tuna Noodle... 4.7/5 (43 Votes)
- Popcorn Chicken & Honey Dill Sauce 4.5/5 (44 Votes)
- Creamy Cucumber and Tomato Salad 4.6/5 (42 Votes)
- Meyer Lemon Creme Brulee 4.5/5 (51 Votes)
- Pumpkin Praline Ice Cream 4.5/5 (51 Votes)
- Sautéed Chicken with Spinach &... 4/5 (126 Votes)
- Queso Spinach Bacon Dip 4.4/5 (55 Votes)
- Roasted Mushrooms Stuffed With... 4.5/5 (52 Votes)