Homemade Beef Jerky
If you don't have a dehydrator, this jerky recipe is for you, all you need is an oven to make these tasty jerky snacks!
- 1/2 pound lean top round sirloin beef roast trimmed off all fat, partially frozen to assist with slicing
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 260mins
Adapted from bodyofamother.com
Cut your roast into thin slices.
Mix together all ingredients into a large bowl. Place your beef slices in the bowl and cover and let marinate OVERNIGHT in the fridge.
Place slices on baking sheet and roast at 175°F for 3 hours.
Turn meat and continue to bake for 1 to 2 more hours until the meat is dry and flexible. (if it breaks, it baked for to long)
You'll also love
- Little Nana's Tomato Sauce 4.4/5 (51 Votes)
- Three Cheese Scalloped Potatoes 4.4/5 (51 Votes)
- Red Velvet Valentine's Macarons 4.4/5 (47 Votes)
- Hawaiian Marinated Steak 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Cheesecake Fruit Dip 4.6/5 (35 Votes)
- Baked Pork Chops I 4.6/5 (35 Votes)
- Texas-Style Oven Brisket 4.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Low-Carb Beef and Broccoli 4.6/5 (14 Votes)