Homemade Beef Jerky
If you don't have a dehydrator, this jerky recipe is for you, all you need is an oven to make these tasty jerky snacks!
- 1/2 pound lean top round sirloin beef roast trimmed off all fat, partially frozen to assist with slicing
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 260mins
Adapted from bodyofamother.com
Cut your roast into thin slices.
Mix together all ingredients into a large bowl. Place your beef slices in the bowl and cover and let marinate OVERNIGHT in the fridge.
Place slices on baking sheet and roast at 175°F for 3 hours.
Turn meat and continue to bake for 1 to 2 more hours until the meat is dry and flexible. (if it breaks, it baked for to long)
You'll also love
- Chocolate-Rum Truffle Torte 4.4/5 (54 Votes)
- No-Knead Sweet Potato Dinner Rolls 4.4/5 (54 Votes)
- Orange Dreamsicle Fudge 4.3/5 (57 Votes)
- Sweet & Sour Pork 4.3/5 (56 Votes)
- Four Cheese Sausage Rigatoni 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Antipasto Salad 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Sea Bass & Tomato Ceviche 5/5 (3 Votes)
- French Hamburgers 4.2/5 (61 Votes)