Balsamic Eggplant with Lentils and Goat Cheese
- For the Eggplant:
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 Tbsp. whole grain mustard
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 eggplant, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- For the lentils and base:
- 3/4 cup cooked black (Beluga) or green lentils
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans or walnuts, roughly chopped (reserve some for garnish)
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 tsp. chopped thyme
- 1 tsp. minced shallot
- 2 cups thinly sliced baby spinach or baby arugula
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese, for garnish
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic reduction, for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Whisk together the balsamic, oil, mustard, honey, and red pepper flakes, and season with salt. Add the sliced eggplant and allow to marinate for 10 minutes. Lay slices on a parchment-lined baking sheet and roast in the oven for 15 minutes, flip, and bake another 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool on a tray.
3. Meanwhile, in another bowl, toss lentils, nuts, vinegar, oil thyme, and shallots together. Season with salt and pepper. Reserve.
4. Serve on a platter, and arrange a bed of spinach. Lay a slice of eggplant down, then add a spoonful of lentil mixture, then another slice of eggplant and continue to fan out the pieces to cover the spinach. Sprinkle goat cheese on top. garnish with toasted nuts and lightly drizzle with balsamic reduction. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Mushroom Cookies 4.1/5 (104 Votes)
- Macaroni Grill's Pasta Milano 4.1/5 (80 Votes)
- Baked Mini Potato Galettes 4.3/5 (55 Votes)
- Root Beer Bourbon Sauce for Sweet... 4.6/5 (32 Votes)
- Roasted Snap Peas with Shallots 4.8/5 (14 Votes)
- Two Bean Cornmeal Casserole 4.8/5 (11 Votes)
- Baked Stuffed Eggplant 4.5/5 (40 Votes)
- Breaded Eggplant Stacks 4.9/5 (7 Votes)