Grilled Artichoke with Lemon, Garlic & Ginger
These babies are worth the effort—there's nothing like a fresh artichoke trimmed and grilled to get you in a laid back summertime mood!
- 1 artichoke
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger, freshly grated
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from mrs-jones-to-be.blogspot.com
Fill a large pot with water, add a pinch of salt and bring to the boil while you prepare the artichoke.
If you have a slightly stemmed version, chop off the stem, rub the end with lemon juice and put aside until later.
Trim the tips off the leaves.
About an inch from the top using a serrated knife and rub with lemon.
Cut through the artichoke lengthways and again, rub with lemon.
Add the artichokes to the boiling water and boil for about 15 minutes or until the heart is tender.
While the artichokes are boiling add the oil, garlic, wine, ginger and lemon zest to a plastic bag.
Drain the artichoke halves and stems and allow to cool. Once cooled scoop out the furry choke, add the halves to the bag with marinade and give them a good toss.
After half an hour take out the artichoke and grill on a hot grill for up to 5 minutes on each side—the boiling will have cooked them through so the grilling just finishes it off and you get delicious charred pieces.
You'll also love
- Ham Loaf with Mashed Sweet Potato... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Healthy Beet Cookies 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Orange Beef Stir Fry 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Mascarpone-Nutella and Banana on... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Mango Lime Confetti Slaw 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Skillet Seared Salmon with Garlic... 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Stuffed Artichokes 4.5/5 (12 Votes)