Crisp Catfish with Apple-Celery Slaw
A classic Crisp Catfish with some delicious Apple-Celery Slaw!
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 pounds catfish fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons oil
Adapted from bhg.com
Cut one lemon half into slices or wedges; set aside. Juice the remaining lemon half into a large bowl. For slaw, combine mayonnaise and honey with juice; reserve 2 tablespoons juice mixture. Stir celery, apple, and cabbage into juice mixture in bowl; set aside.
Sprinkle catfish fillets with salt and brush with reserved juice mixture. In a shallow dish combine cornmeal and chili powder; coat fish with mixture.
In a 12-inch skillet heat oil over medium heat. Cook fish in hot oil 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden and fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve fish with slaw and the lemon slices or wedges.
You'll also love
- Tipsy Plums & Raspberries 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- CILANTRO PASTA 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Melon-and-Peach Salad with... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Spicy Corn and Crab Chowder 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Apple SunButter Baked Oat Bars... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Scallop Ceviche 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Mahi Mahi with Bacon-Tomato Butter 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Apple Butternut "Curry" Soup 4.6/5 (7 Votes)