Tex Mex Ziti
Can't decide if you want Italian or Mexican food. Why not have both! This easy weeknight Tex Mex Ziti recipe combines the best of two worlds without having to leave the comfort of home. Enjoy!
- 1 (12 ounce) package ziti
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) Mexican cheese blend, shredded and divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain, rinse, and drain again; set aside in a large bowl.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, brown beef and onion 5 minutes; drain off excess liquid. Add to drained pasta along with spaghetti sauce, salsa, ricotta cheese, and 1 cup cheese; stir until well combined. Spoon into prepared baking dish.
Bake 25 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Return to oven and bake 10 more minutes, or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with cilantro just before serving.
You'll also love
- Spicy Cajun Seafood Stew 4.3/5 (32 Votes)
- Greek Yogurt Cheesecake with... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Low-Sugar Orange Chicken 4.7/5 (23 Votes)
- Creamy Broccoli Chicken Shells &... 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Chicken Potato Chip Club Sandwiches 4.7/5 (20 Votes)
- Ravioli with Spicy and Sage Butter 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Smoked Sausage & Spaghetti Skillet 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Skillet Chicken with Broccoli,... 4.6/5 (15 Votes)