Chicken Enchilada Bake
This is a great chicken casserole! I got this recipe from my cookbook Eat More of What You Love my Marlene Koch. Her recipes are low in sugar, fat and calories. One serving of this casserole is only 250 calories, 7g Total Fat, 22g Protein and 8g Fiber. I definitely recommend her cookbooks.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup reduce-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 cup light sour cream
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 4 (6-inch) reduced-carb high-fiber flour tortillas
- 1 (10-ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 3/4 cup rinsed, drained, canned black beans
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican Blend cheese
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro (optional)
I cooked my frozen chicken breasts in the crockpot with 1/2 cup of water for 2 - 3 hours until done. Once chicken is cooked shredded by using two forks; set aside.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a medium pot over medium heat, combine the onion, chicken broth, garlic, and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for about 3 minutes or until onions are tender.
In a small bowl, mix the sour cream and flour until smooth. Add to the pot and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened (about 5 - 7 minutes). Remove from the heat and stir in the shredded chicken. Set aside.
Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Cut tortillas into 1-inch-long strips and line the bottom of the dish with them. Top with a layer of the chicken filling, then the black beans, then the green chilies, repeat another layer, then finish with the enchilada sauce.
Bake for 25 minutes. Top with the cheese and bake for another 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Let it sit for 10 minutes before cutting. Top with fresh cilantro.
You'll also love
- Chicken and Sausage Gumbo 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Caesar Style Salad with Rotisserie... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Hearty Chipotle Chicken Soup 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- 7 Up Pound Cake 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- The Easiest Chicken and Rice... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Two Boys Casserole 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Quick and Easy King Ranch Chicken... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)