Hawaiian Pork and Pineapple Kabobs
Ditch the boring grilled chicken for a lean and juicy pork tenderloin. Your kids will love the fun new way of eating dinner, and you will love the sweet and savory flavor combos this recipe offers. Unsure how to cut the pineapple?
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sriracha hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 cups fresh pineapple cubes (need 20 cubes)
- 2 red bell peppers, cut in cubes
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 10 skewers
Preparation time 6mins
Cooking time 80mins
Adapted from skinnymom.com
1. In a large resealable bag, add the pork, soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, lime juice, sriracha, sesame oil, ginger, and garlic. Seal and shake up to combine well. Refrigerate for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
2. While the pork is marinating, if using bamboo skewers, pre-soak them in water for about 20 minutes prior to using them. That will help the skewers to not burn up when exposed to the flame.
3. Heat an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan, and lightly grease the grates with a small amount of vegetable oil, or nonstick cooking spray.
4. Thread the skewers with the marinated pork, fresh pineapple, and red pepper, alternating back and forth; discard the marinade.
5. Grill for about 2 minutes on each side, getting grill marks and until fully cooked.
6. Garnish with the green onions and sesame seeds.
You'll also love
- BEEFMAN MARINARA BBQ SAUCE 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Mozzarella-Stuffed Crispy Baked... 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Dutch Oven Baked Beans with Crisp... 4.2/5 (22 Votes)
- Watermelon Peach Caprese Salad 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Bacon Ricotta Crostini 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Strawberry Rhubarb Sorbet 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Apple Pumpkin Muffins 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Pineapple 4.4/5 (25 Votes)