Breaded Eggplant Stacks
- 10 oz shredded mozzarella (or mozzarella slices from a ball)
- 7 oz prepared basil pesto
- 1 jar of favorite pasta sauce (16 oz)
- 12 frozen breaded eggplant cutlets (thawed)
- 4 fresh basil leaves (garnish)
Adapted from navywifecook.com
1. Heat oven to broil, and cover a baking sheet with foil.
2. Place four prepared cutlets in a single layer on the baking sheet. Spread about 2 tablespoons of pasta sauce evenly over each cutlet.
3. Sprinkle with roughly 2 tablespoons of shredded mozzarella and place another eggplant cutlet on top of the cheese.
4. Top this second cutlet with about 1 tablespoon of pesto, and top again with mozzarella.
5. Place a third and final cutlet on top of the cheese, and spread another tablespoon of pasta sauce over top, finishing each stack with a sprinkling of mozzarella cheese. (Each stack should be...cutlet, pasta sauce, cheese, cutlet, pesto, cheese, cutlet, pasta sauce, cheese)
6. Place the baking sheet in the oven and broil for about 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
7. Place each stack and garnish with 1 basil leaf if desired.
You'll also love
- Raisin-Orange Scones 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Shrimp and Grape Salad With Dill 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread... 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Cornbread & Jalapeño Meatloaf 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Sunny's Beer-Battered Eggplant... 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
Review this recipe