Delicious pineapple cake that is ready for your favorite frosting. This recipe has you fold in whipped egg whites to give it a light texture.
- 2 1/2 cups sifted cake flour, sifted before measuring
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 3/4 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 3 large egg yolks
- 3 large egg whites
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, whisk together pineapple juice, crushed pineapple and vanilla extract.
In a separate large mixing bowl, cream butter and ¾ cup sugar together until fluffy. Add egg yolks one at a time, beating after each addition until smooth.
Alternate adding the sifted dry ingredients with the pineapple juice mixture into the butter/sugar mixture, beating after each addition until smooth.
In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. Gradually add in remaining ¼ cup sugar, beating until combined. Fold beaten egg whites into batter.
Divide batter between the two prepared 9-inch round cake pans. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes, or until cake tester comes out clean.
Let cake layers cool in pans for about 10 minutes, then carefully transfer to cooling racks until cool.
Frost with your favorite frosting. Some ideas include cream cheese frosting, basic white frosting, make a glaze from pineapple juice and powdered sugar.
Makes 2 round 9-inch layers.
You'll also love
- Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding 3.8/5 (141 Votes)
- Rice Krispies, Fruity Pebbles, or... 4/5 (107 Votes)
- German Cucumber Salad 4.3/5 (72 Votes)
- Coconut Joys 4.5/5 (60 Votes)
- Strawberry Dream Cake 4.5/5 (63 Votes)
- The Cake Boss's Chocolate Cake 4.4/5 (68 Votes)
- Apple Cider Margarita 4.5/5 (58 Votes)
- Pumpkin and Apple Soup 4.5/5 (60 Votes)