Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding
This Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding recipe is the perfect dessert to bring to your next summer bash. It’ll be the hit of the party…I promise!!
- 4 bananas, sliced
- 3 cups milk
- 1 box Nilla Wafers
- 2 small boxes instant French vanilla pudding
- 1 package (8 ounce) cream cheese
- 1 can (14 ounce) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 container (12 ounce) Cool Whip
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Line the bottom of a 9"x13" with Nilla Wafers.
The original recipe called for Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies. It tasted really good with the Chessmen cookies, I just prefer the Nilla Wafers.
Slice your bananas and layer evenly on top of the wafers. The original recipe called for 6-8 bananas and when I first made it, I think I used about that much. I personally don’t like A TON of bananas in my banana pudding (I know, weird). I think four is the magic number…not too many, not too few. Just PERFECT.
Combine the milk and pudding mix and blend using a handheld mixer. I’ve found that using the two small boxes & the 3 cups of milk makes an awesome consistency for the pudding. It sets just PERFECTLY!
In a separate bowl, mix together cream cheese & condensed milk until smooth. Gradually fold in whipped cream.
Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding mix & stir until well blended.
Pour the mix evenly over the bananas. OMG…SO YUMMY!!!
Layer the remaining Nilla Wafers on top of the mix to top it all off! Looks heavenly, right?! That would be an understatement!!! I made this the weekend my family came to visit and it was a HIT! We practically licked the pan clean!
You'll also love
- Rice Krispies, Fruity Pebbles, or... 4.1/5 (100 Votes)
- German Cucumber Salad 4.3/5 (68 Votes)
- Sweet Onion Mac and Cheese 4.4/5 (66 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Fudge (Easiest EVER) 4.5/5 (61 Votes)
- Coconut Joys 4.5/5 (60 Votes)
- Baked Lemon Garlic Spaghetti 4.5/5 (60 Votes)
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Banana... 4.6/5 (54 Votes)
- Roasted Bananas w/ Toasted Coconut 4.5/5 (61 Votes)