Rice Krispies, Fruity Pebbles, or Cocoa Pebbles Treats
A quick and easy treat you can make with your kid's, this Rice Crispies Treat recipe can also be made from Fruity Pebbles or Cocoa Pebbles depending on what you like. Get a little crazy and mix up a couple of different cereals for a real wild and delicious treat. These rice crispies treats are perfect for any potluck, school party, or festive celebratory birthday or dinner party.
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 (16-ounce) package regular marshmallows or 6 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups miniature marshmallows
- 11 1/2 cups from 1 (18-ounce) box of Rice Krispies, Fruity Pebbles, or Cocoa Pebbles
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from ricekrispies.com
In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
Add cereal. Stir until well coated.
Using a buttered spatula or wax paper and evenly press mixture into a 13x9x2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool until hardened. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows. Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended. Store no more than 2 days at room temperature in airtight container.
To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- German Cucumber Salad 4.3/5 (72 Votes)
- Cheeseburger Soup - Low Carb 4.3/5 (73 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Fudge (Easiest EVER) 4.5/5 (62 Votes)
- Coconut Pecan Pralines 4/5 (104 Votes)
- Vegetarian: Baked Portobello... 4.5/5 (56 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream... 4.4/5 (65 Votes)
- Barbecued Beef Brisket Recipe 4.3/5 (59 Votes)
- Momofuku Carrot Layer Cake 4/5 (113 Votes)