Havarti Dill and Bacon Mac N’ Cheese
- 1 bag Oscar Meyer bacon recipe pieces
- 2 cups dried elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 cups shredded dill Havarti cheese
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper to taste
Adapted from navywifecook.com
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Once the butter has melted, whisk in flour. Cook one minute.
3. Stir in milk and whisk until smooth. Stir in cheese. Continue stirring until cheese has melted.
4. Take one tablespoon of the warm milk mixture and whisk it into the egg to temper it; add to cheese sauce.
5. Fold in macaroni and bacon. Mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Allow to set for 5 minutes. Serve.