Monte Christo Stuffed Chicken Breasts
From Rachel Ray
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 4 deli-cut slices Swiss cheese
- 4 deli-cut slices deli ham
- Flour, for dredging plus 1 tablespoon
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
Halve chicken breasts to make 8 cutlets; pound very thin, about 1/4 inch. Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Spread a thin layer of Dijon on one side of the cutlets and sprinkle with thyme. Fold and arrange 1 slice each of cheese and ham on 4 cutlets, leaving a little chicken exposed all around. Place the remaining cutlets Dijon-side down over the top and press down at the edges to form 4 stuffed cutlets. Dredge in flour.
Beat eggs and lemon juice together in a shallow dish. Turn stuffed cutlets in egg batter and back into flour.
Heat a large skillet with oil, 2 turns of the pan, over medium to medium-high heat. Melt 2 tablespoons butter into oil. Add cutlets to skillet.
Cook about 8 minutes, turning occasionally or until cooked through and golden. Transfer to a platter and cover loosely with foil.
Add remaining 1 tablespoon of butter to pan and sprinkle in flour; whisk in stock and thicken to form gravy; season with salt and pepper. Whisk in maple syrup or honey and remaining Dijon mustard.
Top eachchicken breast with gravy and serve.
You'll also love
- Best Meatballs Ever 4.4/5 (36 Votes)
- Loaded Potato & Buffalo Chicken... 4.6/5 (40 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Drumsticks 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Chicken Cordon Bleu with Alfredo 4.4/5 (50 Votes)
- Chicken Cutlet Parma Sue's 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Skillet Chicken Parmesan 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Creamy Chicken Marsala 4.5/5 (21 Votes)