Pressure Cooker Spicy Orange Beef
This Asian-inspired flank steak dish is sweet and spicy, with fresh scallions, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, orange juice and zest, and red pepper flakes. Great with rice!
- 2 pounds flank steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoon cold water
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from pressurecookingtoday.com
Season beef with salt and pepper. Put oil in the cooking pot and select browning. When oil begins to sizzle, brown meat in batches until all meat is browned—do not crowd. Transfer meat to a plate when browned.
When all meat is browned select Sauté and add garlic to the pot. Sauté for 1 minute.
Add orange juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, and orange zest to the pot. Add browned beef and any accumulated juices. Select High Pressure. Set timer for 12 minutes.
When beep sounds turn pressure cooker off and use a quick pressure release. When valve drops carefully remove the lid.
Combine the cornstarch and water, whisking until smooth. Add cornstarch mixture to the sauce in the pot stirring constantly. Select Simmer and bring to a boil, stirring constantly until sauce thickens. Stir in green onions.
Serve over rice; garnish with additional orange zest, green onion and red pepper flakes if desired.
You'll also love
- Crustless Vegetable Quiche 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- One Pot Macaroni and Cheese 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Avocado Bacon Omelets 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Sweet Cornbread... 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Parmesan Lemon Zucchini 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Lemon-Garlic Tilapia with Spinach 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Beef Braised in Guinness 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Asian Short Ribs Pressure Cooker... 4.4/5 (26 Votes)