Macaroni Grill Orzo and Spinach
A perfect side dish that combines orzo with spinach and radicchio, with lemon zest and Parmesan cheese. Serve with roasted chicken, or veal chops.
- 4 ounces fresh spinach, julienne-shredded
- 1/2 small radicchio, julienne-cut
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, julienne cut
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 3 tablespoons sliced kalamata olives
- 4 ounces orzo pasta, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Juice and zest of one small lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Cook orzo according to directions on box, about 9 minutes or until al dente.
Heat the olive oil on medium heat. Add garlic and stir, making sure to not let the garlic brown. Add the zest and lemon juice. Toss in the spinach and radicchio and cook until just wilted.
Remove from heat and add orzo. Mix. Sprinkle with cheese once it is on the plate.
You'll also love
- Two-Ingredient Creamy Garlic... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Joy of Cooking Couscous 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Dream Cake with Cinnamon... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach & Ricotta-Stuffed Pork... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Noodles and Pot cheese 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta-Mario Batali's Baked Ziti... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Garlic and Baby Arugula Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach & Feta Chicken Sausage... 0/5 (0 Votes)