Asian Broccoli Salad with Peanut Sauce
The result is a simple healthy and delicious salad that makes the perfect side dish.
- PEANUT SAUCE:
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 cup shelled cooked edamame
- 1/2 cup green onions, thinly-sliced
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1 batch peanut sauce (recipe below)
- Sesame or hemp seeds, for garnish
- 1/4 cup organic peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (if you are gluten-free, use GF soy sauce or tamari)
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave nectar
- 1/8 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons hot water, as needed to thin the sauce
Preparation time 14mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from gimmesomeoven.com
Heat a large pot of water until it is boiling. Add in the broccoli florets and boil for 30 seconds. Use a strainer to transfer them into a bowl of ice water, which will immediately halt the cooking process. Drain.
Then add the remaining ingredients and toss until combined. Serve immediately, garnished with sesame seeds if desired.
Whisk all ingredients together until combined. If the dressing is too thick, whisk in hot water a tablespoon at a time until it reaches the consistency you desire.
You'll also love
- Easter Flower Cupcake 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Simple Candied Orange Peel 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Snack Cake 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- 5-Ingredient Buffalo Chicken Roll... 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Corn Chowder with Jalapenos 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Chick-Fil-A Carrot Raisin Salad 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Cheesy Broccoli Soup in a Bread... 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Velveeta Microwavable Creamy... 4.2/5 (12 Votes)