This recipe for broccoli salad is very versatile. You can add raisins or dried cranberries, you can use almonds or walnuts. This is such a classic salad that is always a hit.
- Broccoli florets, about 4 cups
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Japanese rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup red onion, diced
- 4 to 6 bacon strips, cooked crips and crumbled
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup sliced almonds
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
Blanch broccoli florets in boiling water for 2 minutes; drain and blot dry. In a bowl, add blanched broccoli, almonds, dried cranberries and onion.
For the dressing:
Whisk mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar and add salt & pepper, to taste (the bacon can already add salt, so be careful).
Blend into vegetables, gently mix and serve right away.
You'll also love
- Pressure Cooker Scalloped Potatoes 4.1/5 (54 Votes)
- Ruth's Chris Steak House Potatoes... 3.8/5 (122 Votes)
- Strawberry-Banana Cheesecake Salad 4.2/5 (52 Votes)
- Ruth's Chris Chopped Salad 4.1/5 (60 Votes)
- Chinese Slaw 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Fattoush: Middle Eastern Pita... 4.4/5 (36 Votes)
- Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche with a... 4.4/5 (32 Votes)
- Broccoli Cheddar Pasta Salad 4.5/5 (15 Votes)