Paula Deen's Broccoli Salad
Broccoli salad with crumbled bacon, onions and cheese. For a little sweetness, you can also add raisins.
- 1 to 2 heads broccoli
- 7 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins, optional
- 8 ounces Cheddar, cut into very small chunks
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- Salt and black pepper
Cut the florets off of the washed broccoli and place them in a large bowl.
Add the crumbled bacon, onion, raisins if using, and cheese.
In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, stirring well. Add to to broccoli mixture and toss gently. Salt and pepper to taste.