Cod Seared with Peach-Mango Salsa
- 1 cup diced mango, divided**
- 1 cup diced peaches, divided**
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lime, zested and juiced, divided
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander, divided
- 1 cup salsa*
- 16 ounces cod, cut into four 4-ounce portions
- 8 cups mixed salad greens or spinach
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- any variety or heat level--we like a fruity salsa or a pico de gallo.
- fresh or frozen and thawed
Adapted from recipes.sparkpeople.com
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Combine 1/4 cup each of the mangos and the peaches in a blender or bowl. Puree or mash to a pulp. Add the olive oil, one tablespoon of the lime juice, the orange juice and a pinch of the coriander and either whisk or pulse until combined. Set aside.
In a separate medium bowl, combine the salsa with the remaining fruit, lime juice and zest. Set aside.
Pat the cod with paper towels to remove any surface moisture.
Preheat an oven-safe nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the cod with the remaining coriander and spritz with cooking spray.
Place the cod in the skillet, being careful not to crowd the pan and leaving space between each portion.
Cook for two minutes per side, then top each piece with one teaspoon of the dressing. Divide the salsa over the fish and transfer to the oven.
Bake for about eight minutes, until the fish is opaque and flakes easily.
Meanwhile, toss the greens with the remaining dressing and divide among four plates. Top with the cod and salsa, then garnish with the cilantro.
Serve immediately, with brown rice or whole-wheat couscous. (Nutrition info not included.)
Serving Size: Makes 4 portions; 3 ounces cod, 2 cups mixed greens, 1/2 cup salsa, and 3 tablespoons dressing
You'll also love
- Lemon Raspberry Cheesecake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Cornish Hen and Grapes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Seared Cod with Sautéed Greens &... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon & Cheese Mini... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pickled Peach Terrine 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Preserves - Peach Homemade 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Cakes with Smoked... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- RUM MANGO BBQ SAUCE 3/5 (1 Votes)