Pickled Peach Terrine
Recipe source: Better Homes and Gardens | August 2014
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 whole star anise
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 4 cups peaches, sliced
- 8 oz. goat cheese, softened
1. In a saucepan combine vinegar, sugar, water, salt, cloves, anise, bring to simmer.
2. Pour liquid over peaches. Let stand two hours. Drain.
3. Line a loaf pan with plastic wrap. Alternate adding layers of peaches and goat cheese.
4. Place plastic wrap on top of peaches. Place another loaf pan on top. Weigh down with 2 cans. Chill overnight. Remove from loaf pan. Slice with a serrated knife.
5. Serve with mixed greens.