Carrot Turmeric Soup - Slow Cooker
This carrot turmeric soup is great for a post-holiday detox or a mid-winter pick me up. Whatever your goals are this winter, let this simple detoxing soup warm you up and slim you down.
- 6 to 8 carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, optional almond milk or dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 375mins
Combine all ingredients, except for yogurt, in a slow cooker and cook for 4 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
Ladle the soup into a blender and blend until smooth. This may need to be done in batches.
Once smooth, return the soup to the slow cooker and stir in the yogurt until smooth and creamy. Serve hot.
You'll also love
- Rustic Farro Soup with Saugage and... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Sausage & White Bean Stew 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Marsala Glazed Carrots 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Durkee's French Fried Onion Chicken 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Roasted Honey Butter Carrots 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Weight Watcher Easy Peach Cobbler 4.1/5 (69 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Loaded Potato Soup 4.5/5 (39 Votes)