Cherry-Pistachio Wedding Cookies
You can't go wrong when you combine fruit and nuts, so you're going to love these Cherry-Pistachio Wedding Cookies!
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 3 teaspoons ice water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries
- 1/4 cup finely chopped salted dry-roasted pistachios
- Cooking spray
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 55mins
Adapted from find.myrecipes.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, 3/4 cup powdered sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a food processor; pulse to combine. With food processor on, add butter through food chute a few pieces at a time; process 1 minute or until mixture is the texture of sand.
Combine 3 teaspoons ice water and vanilla in a small bowl. With food processor on, slowly add ice water mixture through food chute; process 1 minute or until very well combined. (Mixture will remain crumbly.)
Add cherries and pistachios; pulse 10 times or just until combined. Transfer mixture to a bowl. (Mixture will be crumbly.) Gently press mixture into a level tablespoon; pack lightly with the heel of your hand. Turn out onto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Repeat with remaining dough to form 32 cookies.
Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes or just until bottoms are golden. Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes on baking sheet.
Place remaining 1/2 cup powdered sugar in a large bowl. Add cooled cookies; toss gently to coat with powdered sugar. Transfer cookies to wax paper to cool completely.
Tips: The combination of tender cake flour and sturdy all-purpose flour produces delicate cookies. The dough will be crumbly after you've combined all the ingredients but will hold its shape once molded in a tablespoon measure and turned onto a baking sheet. You may need to add one to two additional teaspoons of ice water to the dough to achieve the crumbly consistency.
You'll also love
- Holiday Roasted Sweet Potatoes... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shiitake-Squash Mashed Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orange-Fennel Mashed Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spicy Chicken Sandwiches with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cherry... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Dried Cherry Biscotti 5/5 (1 Votes)
- K's Crab Quiche Florentine 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Carrot Muffins 0/5 (0 Votes)