Gluten Free Overnight Coffee Cake
A sweet treat to have with your morning coffee or afternoon tea! As the coffee cake bakes, the topping sinks down into the cake and makes a streusel like filling. Time does not include the placing the coffee cake in the refrigerator overnight before baking.
- 2 cups gluten flour (I used Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1)
- 2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 (8-ounce) carton sour cream
- 3/4cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Spray a 9X13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt. Set aside.
In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, beat the butter on medium speed for 1 minute.
Add the sugar, beat on high speed for 1 more minute.
Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Add the sour cream. Mix until well blended, about 30 seconds.
Add the flour mixture. Beat on low speed until incorporated. Do not over-beat.
Spread batter into prepared pan.
In a small mixing bowl, stir together the brown sugar, cinnamon, and nuts.
Sprinkle this mixture over the batter in the prepared pan.
Cover and refrigerate overnight.
To bake: Remove the pan from the refrigerator and let set at room temperature for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. May serve warm or cooled.
You'll also love
- Entenmann’s Cheese Filled Crumb... 3.9/5 (330 Votes)
- Blueberry Coffee Cake 4.5/5 (64 Votes)
- Split Pea No Ham Soup in Pressure... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Paleo Mongolian Beef 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Paleo Coconut Panna Cotta with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef Stew Crockpot Style 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Box Cake Mix Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Vegan Nachos 0/5 (0 Votes)