Orzo with Cherry Tomatoes, Feta and Mint
Perfect warm or chilled. Serve this Orzo Tomato Feta and Mint side dish with your favorite roasted chicken recipe.
- 1 pound orzo
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and smashed
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, plus for the pasta water
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the orzo and cook until tender, but still firm to the bite, about 7 minutes.
While the pasta is cooking, heat 1/4 cup of the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-low heat. Add the shallots and garlic, and saute until the shallots begin to soften and the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the cherry tomatoes and cook just to warm through, about 1 minute.
Add the warm tomato mixture to a large bowl along with the feta, arugula, mint, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Drain the orzo and add it to the bowl. Drizzle with the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil. Toss well and serve.
You'll also love
- Asparagus in a Blanket 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Orange Custard Tart 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Chicken Sandwiches with Roasted... 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Spicy Tomato Soup 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Black Garlic Linguine 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Pomegranate Israeli Couscous 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- CHERRY FLAVORED FROSTING MIX 4.6/5 (8 Votes)