Tart Cherry Cobbler
Sour cherries and fresh lemon juice give this classic cherry cobbler a special tart brightness that lifts the sweetness, and cinnamon give spice.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 cup sour cherries, pitted
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 to 1 cup cherry juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
Adapted from kitchennostalgia.com
In a large bowl, combine flour, baking power, sugar and salt. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk.
Mix sugar, cornstarch, and cherry juice. Cook until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and add cherries, lemon juice, cinnamon and almond extract.
To assemble cobbler, pour hot filling into a baking dish. Immediately spoon biscuit topping on top of hot filling.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 375°F or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden. Serve warm.
You'll also love
- Corn Salsa 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Green Apple Cobbler 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Chile con Queso 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Honey glazed peach tart with... 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Meyer Lemon Limoncello Sorbet 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- CHERRY FLAVORED FROSTING MIX 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Quick cherry dessert 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Snickerdoodle Cobbler 4.4/5 (31 Votes)