SPICED DOUBLE CORN AND BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
These delicious, blueberry and corn bread muffins are the perfect grab-and-go snack.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 can (8 1/2 ounces) creamed corn
- 1/2 cup low fat buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 can (15 ounces) blueberries, drained and rinsed
Preparation Time: Approximately 20 minutes
Cook Time: Approximately 20 minutes
Heat the oven to 425º F. Grease a 12 cup muffin tin or line with paper cups. Combine the flour, cornmeal, 3 tablespoons of the sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
In a separate bowl mix the creamed corn, buttermilk, egg, oil and lemon zest. Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture, stirring only until all ingredients are moistened. Gently fold in the blueberries.
Spoon the batter into prepared cups, filling each about 3/4 full. Sprinkle the tops with remaining sugar. Bake about 18 minutes until muffins have risen and are golden brown.
Serve warm or at room temperature on the day of baking. (If making ahead, freeze the muffins, then reheat at low-oven temperature for a few minutes.)
Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 184; Fat 6g; Cholesterol 18mg; Sodium 340mg; Carbohydrate 32g; Fiber 2g; Protein 3g
You'll also love
- Cheesy Garlic Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Autumn apple salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Tuna With Wasabi-Lime Soy... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Roll Cake with Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamy Berry Shakes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Starberry Daiquiri Cheesecake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zaleti (Venetian Cornmeal Cookies)... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Filet Mignon with Red... 0/5 (0 Votes)