Grilled Tuna With Wasabi-Lime Soy Vinaigrette
- 4 yellowfin tuna steaks, sushi grade
- 4 tablespoons light soy sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon wasabi paste or horseradish
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon mirin (sweet Japanese rice wine)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 pound baby greens or mesclun
- Bean sprouts or alfalfa sprouts for garnish
Cover the tuna steaks with soy sauce and let stand until ready to cook, but no longer than 1 hour.
Combine vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until combined. Taste, adjust seasonings and set aside.
Season tuna steaks with freshly ground pepper and salt.
Heat grill to high heat. Cook tuna quickly so the outside browns and the inside remains a reddish-pink - about 1 to 2 minutes per side, depending on thickness of tuna. Transfer tuna to cutting board and slice thinly.
Divide the greens among four plates. Arrange sliced tuna in a fan pattern over the greens and drizzle with wasabi-lime vinaigrette. Garnish with sprouts.
Makes 4 servings
You'll also love
- Marinated Grilled Tuna with... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Highbush Cranberry Jelly with Certo 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Chicken in Creamy Tomato... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crawfish Fettuccine 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hallelujah Banana Bread 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Lemon Ricotta Crepes with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Salmon with Honey, Black... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lime Simple Syrup 0/5 (0 Votes)