Blueberry Muffins (with lemon)
Adapted from recipe by Ina Garten. These were very good. Alyssa loved them! The original recipe said it makes 20 regular sized muffins, but it made 24 for me. They were a flatter muffin, though. Did not raise much like other muffins I make.
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups buttermilk, shaken *
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (not in original recipe)
- 1/4 pound (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest (I used more, probably closer to 2+)
- 2 extra-large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (next time, I would increase this to 2 1/2 - 3)
- I make my own buttermilk: put 2 T lemon juice in measuring cup, add milk to 2 cup line and let sit to thicken.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tins with paper liners.
Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl and mix together (I did not sift, just whisked them together). In a separate bowl, mix together the buttermilk, butter, lemon zest, and eggs. Make a hole in the center of the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix with a fork just until blended. Fold the blueberries into the batter. Don't over mix! With a standard (2 1/4-inch) ice-cream scoop or large spoon, scoop the batter into the prepared cups, filling them almost full.
Bake the muffins for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown.
You'll also love
- Irish Beef, Bacon and Bean Soup 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Stuffed Avocado Garlic Shrimp 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Zucchini Spaghetti Skillet with... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Celery Root with Apples, Walnuts... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Citrus-Marinated Turkey 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Scary Slime Green Bean White Bean... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Ocean Spray Cranberry Cake 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Strawberry-Lemon Detox Drink 5/5 (2 Votes)