Always looking for ways to use zucchini? Here's one the whole family will like.
- 2 small zucchini squash, 1 yellow and 1 green adds nice color.
- 3-4 green onions
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- dash pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp baking powder - aluminum free is best.
- olive oil for frying
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Peel strips off the rind from the zucchini leaving sections of rind still in tact so it is striped. Chop and put into food processor with the onion. Chop until fine. Put in a bowl and mix remaining ingredients. Pour a little olive oil in a skillet and when skillet is hot, pour or spoon about 3-4 Tbsp of the batter and spread out to make a 4-5 inch cake. Cook on low for about 5 minutes on each side or until brown on each side and serve with butter, salt and pepper or maple syrup.
Served here with a fresh tomato cucumber salad.
You'll also love
- Sea Scallops Alla Caprese 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Layered Caesar Shrimp Pasta Salad 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Strawberry Rhubarb Sorbet 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Pan-Raosted Chicken with Fennel,... 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Stuffed Acorn Squash 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Apple Pumpkin Muffins 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Tomato and Zucchini Frittata 4.6/5 (10 Votes)