Layered Caesar Shrimp Pasta Salad
Caesar dressing combined with mayo and fresh garlic is the secret to the big crowd-pleasing flavor in this layered pasta salad with shrimp.
- 1/4 cup Kraft Lite Creamy Caesar Dressing
- 1/4 cup Kraft Mayo with Olive Oil Reduced Fat Mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (6 ounce) package torn mixed salad greens
- 2 cups medium pasta shells, cooked, cooled
- 1 large tomato, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup seasoned croutons
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1/2 lb. frozen cooked cleaned medium shrimp, thawed
- 1/4 cup Kraft Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Black pepper, to taste
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 120mins
Adapted from kraftrecipes.com
Mix dressing, mayo and garlic until blended.
Place half the salad greens in a 3-quart bowl; cover with layers of pasta, tomatoes, remaining greens, croutons, eggs, shrimp and cheese. Refrigerate dressing mixture and salad 1 hour.
Add dressing mixture to salad just before serving; mix lightly.
Squeeze juice of 1 lemon over salad before tossing with dressing mixture. Season salad with cracked black pepper.
Have some leftover French bread and want to make your own croutons? Here is how to make your own croutons:
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon minced garlic in medium skillet on medium heat. Stir in 1 cup French bread cubes; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp and golden brown, stirring frequently. Cool completely.
Salad and dressing mixture can be refrigerated separately for up to 4 hours before serving. Tossing salad with dressing mixture just before serving.