Rabbit With Quince, Garlic And Tempranicco
- 2 fresh rabbits
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup flour
- 8 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large Spanish onions cut into eighths
- 12 garlic cloves whole
- 2 quince peeled, and cut into eighths
- 2 ounces membrillo (quince paste) cut 1/2" dice
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 3 cups red wine from Rioja (Tempranicco is varietal)
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped Italian parsley
Cut rabbits into 8 pieces each, season with salt and pepper and dust in flour.
Heat olive oil in a 16-inch cazuela until smoking and brown rabbit pieces 4 to 5 pieces at a time until golden brown. Remove all pieces and add onions, garlic and quince and cook until softened, about 8 to 10 minutes.
Add membrillo, tomatoes and wine and bring to a boil. Add rabbit pieces, return to boil, lower heat to simmer and cook 1 hour. Season with salt and pepper, stir in parsley and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings as a main course.
You'll also love
- Zesty Lemon Pork Stew 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Teriyaki Turkey Cutlets 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Scandinavian-Style Red Cabbage... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Dove Ravioli With Tomato-Basil... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Basic Duck Marinade 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Red Lobster's Garlic Cheese Sticks 3.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Chinese Pickled Garlic 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Roasted Ducks with... 3.3/5 (3 Votes)