Beer-Braised Rabbit (Or Chicken) for the Crock Pot
- 2 -2 1/2 lbs dressed rabbit or 2 -2 1/2 lbs broiler-fryer chickens, cut up
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and halved
- 3 -4 carrots, peeled and bias-cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup beer
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt paprika (to garnish) (optional) parsley (to garnish) (optional) k
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 255mins
Adapted from food.com
1. In a crock-pot, place potatoes, carrots and onion.
2. Season meat with salt and pepper; brown in oil on all sides and place in crock pot on top of vegetables.
3. Combine beer, chili sauce,, brown sugar, and garlic; pour over meat.
4. Cover and cook on high heat setting for 3 1/2- 4 hours.
5. Remove meat and drain vegetables.
6. Measure cooking liquid and add beer, water, or broth to make 1 1/2 cups.
7. Put reserved cooking liquid in a saucepan, and return meat and vegetables to the crock pot.
8. Mix 1/3 cup water with 3 tbs flour in a gravy shaker or jar and shake until smooth.
9. Stir into reserved liquid; cook, stirring constantly until thickened.
10. Serve sauce over meat and vegetables, sprinkle with paprika and garnish with parsley if desired.
11. Note: This can be baked in an oven-proof casserole rather than a crock-pot.
12. Bake at 350°F for approx 1 1/2 hours, or until meat and vegetables are tender.
You'll also love
- Sweet Potato, Raisin & Walnut... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Olive Garden Copycat Mezzaluna... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spicy Pork Tacos (al Pastor) -... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spicy Italian Sausage and Black... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Veal Medallions With Oyster... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Goosey Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Herb-Roasted Rabbit With... 0/5 (0 Votes)