Zesty Lemon Pork Stew
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 pounds boneless pork sirloin cubed
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 cup cubed peeled small turnip
- 6 celery stalks sliced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup artichoke hearts drained
- 2 cups frozen green beans
- 1 tablespoon Expert Foods ThickenThin not/Starch
In a large, non-stick skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Brown meat in batches until browned on all sides. Transfer the meat to a 4.5- to 6-quart slow-cooker or Slow cooker.
Combine all the remaining ingredients except the not/Starch in a large bowl and stir to combine them. Pour them over the meat.
Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, or until the meat and vegetables are tender.
Remove a small amount of the broth from the Slow cooker. Whisk the not/Starch into small amount of the chicken broth. Combine the not/Starch/chicken broth mixture with the stew and stir to combine. Let stand a few minutes while the broth thickens.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
ECC = 8g
You'll also love
- Teriyaki Turkey Cutlets 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Scandinavian-Style Red Cabbage... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Basic Duck Marinade 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Jamba Juice's Citrus Squeeze 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Baked Garlic Lemon Pickerel 3.3/5 (123 Votes)
- Pork Chops and Apple Juice CROCK... 3.7/5 (24 Votes)
- FROZEN PORK CHOPS 3.6/5 (46 Votes)
Review this recipe