Honey Garlic Grilled Rabbit
Per Serving:450 calories (230 from fat), 26g total fat, 6g saturated fat, 130mg cholesterol, 400mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g dietary fiber, 1g sugar), 47g protein
Here’s a terrific rabbit recipe that’s not only superbly delicious but is also easy enough for those who are new to cooking rabbit. Just remember that the meat is extremely lean, so for juicy results you’ll want to remove pieces from the grill as soon as they are just cooked through.
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 (3-pound) rabbit, cut into 6 or 8 pieces
- 1 bunch curly purple kale, tough stems and ribs removed
Adapted from wholefoodsmarket.com
In a large bowl, whisk together oil, lemon zest and juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Remove 1/3 cup of the mixture, cover and refrigerate. Whisk honey, rosemary and thyme into remaining lemon-oil mixture. Add rabbit, turn to coat, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Prepare a grill for medium heat cooking. Remove rabbit from marinade; discard excess marinade. Place rabbit on the grill and cook, turning the pieces occasionally and moving them if the fire flares up, until browned and cooked through, about 12 minutes for small pieces and 20 to 22 minutes for larger pieces. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
Meanwhile, place reserved lemon-oil mixture in a very large bowl. Add kale and gently toss until all leaves are coated. When rabbit is done, place kale leaves in a single layer on the grill. Cook until leaves begin to brown and crisp on the edges, 1 to 2 minutes. Turn leaves and cook other sides until browned and crisped, 1 to 2 minutes more. Slice kale, place on a platter and top with rabbit.
You'll also love
- Fajita Pasta Salad 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Hunter's Venison Stew 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Home Canning Grape Jelly 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Corn Pudding - Jiffy 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Pioneer Woman's Crash Potatoes 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Mongolian Beef & Broccoli 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Garlic Basil Chicken with Tomato... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Mash 4.4/5 (14 Votes)