Meyer Lemon Olive Oil Cake
I used sugar instead of flour to line the pan. The crispy-sugar edges adds a yummy texture to the moist cake.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 5 Meyer lemons or 2/3c, zested and juiced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt or sour cream
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a light colored metal 9 x 5 inch loaf pan. (Dark pan will over brown cake, glass does not conduct enough heat)
In a large bowl use your fingers to combine lemon lemon zest and sugar. Whisk in olive oil until smooth. Whisk in eggs one at a time until well combined.
In a second bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a measuring cup or small bowl whisk together 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and yogurt/sour cream. Using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, add olive oil mixture and yogurt mixture to flour, alternating between them. Stir cake batter until smooth.
Pour batter into prepared pan, wrap on counter to smooth out and release any air bubbles. Bake for 45 mins to 1 hour or until cake tester comes out clean. Let cake cool for 10 mins in pan and then turn out on a cooling rack over a sheet pan.
You'll also love
- Cucumber Bites 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Loaded Baked Potato... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Key Lime Cheesecake 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Caramelized Lemon and Garlic... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Roast Chicken with Caramelized... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Chicken Scampi (Olive Garden) 4.5/5 (19 Votes)