- 1/2 c Butter
- 2/3 c Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
- Zest of 1 Orange
- 1 1/2 c All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 c Fresh Orange Juice
- 1/8 c Milk
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from chefjoshuaalan.com
1. Using a stand or hand mixer, beat butter until soft.
2. In 3 installments, add sugar and continue to beat butter.
3. Beat the butter and sugar until fluffy.
4. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each egg.
5. Add vanilla to the batter.
6.Add zest to the batter, mix well.
7. In a separate bowl, add dry ingredients.
8. Mix the dry ingredients well.
9 and 10. Alternating with the milk and orange juice, add flour mixture to the batter and mix. Start and end with the flour mixture.
11. Mix completely, scarping sides and bottom.
12. In a lined muffin pan, fill the cups with cupcake batter.
13. Bake at 350 degrees F/180 degrees C for 12-15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool before icing.