Polynesian Honey-Pineapple Chicken
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 chicken drumsticks or thighs or a combination* (about 3 pounds)
Preparation time 40mins
Adapted from recipe.com
For marinade, in a large saucepan, combine pineapple juice, honey, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, ginger, and salt. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 15 minutes or until the marinade mixture is reduced to 1/2 cup, stirring occasionally. Cool to room temperature.
Place chicken pieces in a plastic bag set into a deep bowl or shallow dish. Pour in the marinade. Seal the bag and turn to coat the chicken well. Marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours or up to 24 hours, turning occasionally.
Drain the chicken pieces, reserving the marinade. In a covered grill, arrange medium-hot coals around drip pan. Test for medium** heat above the drip pan. Arrange the chicken on a rack over the drip pan (not directly over coals).
Close grill hood; grill for 40 to 45 minutes or until the chicken is tender and no longer pink, brushing occasionally with the reserved marinade for the first 30 minutes.
You'll also love
- Creamy Chicken and Stuffing Bake 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- BBQ-Jelly Glazed Chicken 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Yellow Curry Chicken 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Duncan Hines Pineapple Upside Down... 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- CANDIED BACON-WRAPPED PINEAPPLE 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Korean Chicken Wrap 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Grilled Honey BBQ Bacon Chicken... 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Italian Braised Chicken with... 4.7/5 (9 Votes)